Board Members & Volunteer Coordinators
Kathy Morris, Secretary
JT Enoch, Community Service
Drew Goodman, Press & Media Liaison
Brian Johnson, Legal Counsel
Tim Cofield, Operations
Jud Foster, Operations
Jeff Burton – Director of Player Acquisitions
John Raymond – Non-Profit Coordinator
Bob Schotta – Sales & Sponsorships
Brian Wamoff – Player Internships
Seth Wilson – Parking Supervisor
OPERATIONS/SPORTS AND EVENT MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIPS Interns may assist in the following areas:
- Promotions: Creation and implementation of promotional events for selected home games and within the Charlottesville Community. Execute multiple in-game promotional contests involving fans, players, mascots, etc.
- Game Operations: Set up operations for the baseball stadium and a positive game day experience for our fans. Assist the Operations Manager or Director of Baseball Operations in various game day duties including management and organization of the volunteer staff. Organize the Player Meal Program. Provide the home and away team with drink coolers.
- Administrative Duties: Community Marketing: Marketing of the Tom Sox throughout the community, including: deliver pocket schedules and ticket information to area businesses. Assist with displays and information distribution at area events, support team at community engagements. Assist with VIP Events for Game Day Sponsors.
- Sabremetrics: Team of interns will document and analyze every pitch and play that feeds the PointStreak & GameChanger applications. We hope to be using several newer technologies this season called FlightScope and BATS. This team may at times also travel to selected away games.
- Social Media: Small team of interns will help manage our various Social Media Platforms . . . Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. They will help us share the story from the fans perspective and get both behinds the scenes with the team, the fans, and our staff.
- MASCOT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM The Charlottesville Tom Sox is looking for 2 to 3 energetic individuals who are interested in performing as our mascot at 21 home games and at community appearances throughout the summer. You will be trained and coached by a former professional baseball mascot. When not in the mascot costume, you will act as the wrangler and be responsible for assisting the mascot with crowd interactions.
- TOM SOX SPORTS MEDIA INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Tom Sox Press/Media Internship Program provides aspiring sports journalists with the tools and platform to create original radio, print, and television content on a daily basis. Tom Sox Press/Media interns act as the on-air talent and official beat writers for one of the nation’s top Summer Baseball programs, as well as the club’s sports information department. The tasks in which our interns perform, include, but are not limited to . . .
- Staring in and editing original content for our Tom Sox TV YouTube channel
- Writing postgame reports on each game for our website and local media partners
- Delivering Facebook Live pregame and postgame reports before and after each game
- Play-by-play announcing and color commentary for Tom Sox home games
- Participating in game day podcasts prior to each Tom Sox home game
- Updating the team’s Facebook/Twitter pages throughout the summer
- Disseminating team information to local print and television media outlets
- And much more