CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The Charlottesville Tom Sox (0-0) take on the Harrisonburg Turks (0-0) tonight (May 31) at 7:30pm. The game will be broadcast live on Facebook Live.
Game Coverage: The game will be broadcast on the Valley Baseball League’s Facebook page courtesy of Sheetz and Subway, as well as the Valley Baseball League Audio Network. Live stats will also be available. Fans can follow along with in-game updates on the team’s official twitter account (@CvilleTomSoxVBL).
- The Tom Sox are entering their fifth season in existence and have advanced to the Valley League Championship Series the last two years, winning it all in 2017.
- The Tom Sox and Harrisonburg Turks meet to open the season for the first time.
- Charlottesville has opened on the road in four of their five seasons.
- The Tom Sox are 1-3 in season openers, the only win coming in 2017 at Covington.
Success under Hunt
- The Tom Sox are entering their third season under the direction of Head Coach Corey Hunt.
- Over the past two seasons, Hunt has coached to a 56-28 record and has appeared in the VBL Championship Series both seasons.
2 to 100
- The Tom Sox are two wins away from their 100th in team history.
- The Tom Sox welcome a diverse roster on opening day, with 22 different schools being represented (16 D1, 6 D3) and 12 different states being represented. Virginia is the most frequent, with 14 being represented from the Old Dominion.
Cogswell to Manage
- Due to Coach Hunt’s commitments with his everyday job, third base coach Branden Cogswell will be the opening day manager for the Tom Sox.
The Tom Sox are off on Saturday (June 1) before heading to Staunton the following day.